SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
StyleInterplay
Style_council
StyleInterplay

I want to start my own online store to sell vintage clothes and handmade jewelry.
Which would you most likely but something from?
my blog, etsy, new blog, ebay or craigslist?

I need advice!

posted about 9 years ago
PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

Sounds like your stuff would fit at Etsy. I like ebay but its sooo difficult to find stuff b/c there’s so much stuff up there. It would be a good idea to have a blog also, to link the stuff you’re selling and gain a fan base who then may recommend you to friends

posted about 9 years ago

wrlevine
Style_council
wrlevine

Bighair, I think you’d be better off having two stores. Sell the vintage stuff on ebay and your handmade stuff on etsy. However, if you have a blog and you make good use of it I would suggest selling everything from there and using facebook and twitter to market your site.

I have an etsy page, http://www.etsy.com/shop/RedDoves, and it’s linked to my facebook page so every time I post a new bracelet it posts to the facebook newsfeed and all of my facebook “friends” see the new item immediately. You can also pay (I think it’s something like $7.50) to promote an item in your shop and etsy will spotlight the item you choose so any time someone visits etsy’s homepage your item will be front and center.

Hope this helps!

posted about 9 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I would buy from etsy, or your blog, but having an ebay is always a good idea as well. I would keep several, it gives you a bigger chance of getting something sold. But craigslist? nonono, i wouldn’t go there unless I wanted a cheap whore.

posted about 9 years ago

Sarabear
Style_council
Sarabear

hmm i would say etsy

posted about 9 years ago

fille
Style_council
fille

I think etsy would probably be the best option. I usually find a lot of great vintage things on there, which I find is easier than searching eBay. I feel like eBay would be more for selling things that are attached to a label. A blog would be a good option because you wouldn’t have to pay seller fees and you would get to customize it however you want, but you would need to manage everything by yourself and getting traffic for it might take a while.

posted about 9 years ago

StyleInterplay
Style_council
StyleInterplay

thanks everyone! yes I do have a blog its: bighairandbikinis and I think I am going to start selling off my blog and connect through twitter and facebook. So If your interested, my blog is where it’ll be. :)

posted about 9 years ago

leahl11
Style_council
leahl11

I personally don’t think you should do ebay. I think etsy is a better choice because it’s more suited to the things you sell.

posted about 9 years ago

melavond
Style_council
melavond

I’d say Etsy!

posted about 9 years ago

Kittany
Style_council
Kittany

I think Etsy is a good idea too. A friend of mine has an etsy store and she features new shop items in her blog as well.

posted about 9 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

etsy is pretty good

posted about 9 years ago

WildCatt
Style_council
WildCatt

I would go etsy. Ebay sells items quickly but you often dont get much for it

posted about 9 years ago

xoxopaige
Style_council
xoxopaige

why not all 5? yes, it would be more to handle, maintain, and organize, but you would reach more people and therefore more business! good luck :o)

posted about 9 years ago

MakeupxSparkles
New_user MakeupxSparkles is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MakeupxSparkles reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MakeupxSparkles

Ebay is good

posted about 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password