SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

for those of you who color your hair, what store brand hair dye brand do you recommend?

posted about 9 years ago
HeadFirst
Style_council
HeadFirst

I don’t color my hair, but i do know a lot of people who do. Everyone’s hair is different, so you want to find one that works for your hair. Like, some hair dyes will be like, especially for old people. or especially for thick hair, or thin hair, etc. stuff like that. Usually the bigger brands are better; more people like those, such as Loreal paris or revlon. So, just look around the drugstore or wherever and try to find one that works well for you :)

posted about 9 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

I usually dye my hair with store brands. I tend to stick to loreal, revlon, and garneir

posted about 9 years ago

naunet
Style_council
naunet

Depends on what kind of colour look you want? I use to dye my own hair for years.

When I dyed my hair red and when I dyed my hair black I preferred Live Hair Colour by Schwarzkopf or Brilliance from Schwarzkopf too. Cause it gave a strong colour which lasted for quite sometime.

When I wanted a more natural look for when I dyed my hair dark to medium brown(both golden and red brown hues)I use to go for Garnier, Natural and Easy(Schwarzkopf) or Feria by Loreal.

Never really tried going lighter then my natural light brown hair on my own.(not sure I would feel comfy doing it on my own, I know what a long process it was to go from black hair to light brown/with blonde as it is now). I let my hairdresser do my highlights and lowlights now.

posted about 9 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

usually i use loreal superior preference, i have a dark brown right now with supposedly a little red but it never comes out red enough, i have somewhat of thick hair, what would be a good brand and color to help me get more red in my hair?
thanks!

posted about 9 years ago

naunet
Style_council
naunet

Then I would go for something like Live Hair Colour or Brilliance( Schwarzkopf). Their red colours are wonderful. They really bring out the red in your hair. (I went from dark brown to red over a few months – but I also wanted red red hair. But If you just want some brown hair with a red glow to it Im pretty sure, just one dye job would do the trick).

Feria hair colours by Loreal are pretty good too, if you pick a colour there got quite a bit of red pigment in it.

Good luck – Im sure your hair will be looking gorgeous no time soon (:

posted about 9 years ago

arielkaylee
Style_council
arielkaylee

I get mine done at the salon, but my sister is a hairdresser and when people ask her she always recommends Clairol Perfect 10. Good luck!

posted about 9 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i have always used revlon colorsilk. it’s cheap and ammonia free and i love that conditioner they give you! it even works on super dark hair if you want to go lighter – just leave it in longer

posted about 9 years ago

deannasays
Style_council
deannasays

Personally I use Scwarzkops Live Color XXL (the brand)
and my colour is Redx Passion
it’s such a really good long lasting colour. I love the brand. My salon recommended it to me and I really love it.

posted about 9 years ago

CowardTuffLuck
Style_council
CowardTuffLuck

herbal essence

posted about 9 years ago

tanyabell
Style_council
tanyabell

I dye my hair all the time [I use to change the color every month!]. I NEVER, EVER use store brands. I go to Sally’s and make my own! Here is what I use:

Quick Blue Bleach
Creme Developer 30
Ion [BEST HAIR COLOR TO USE] Golden Brown 3g or 4g
Ion Conditioner [for after dying/bleaching]

posted about 9 years ago

alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

Garnier Natural 28 wash out-s color :D black or chocolate I change my hair on summer/winter

posted about 9 years ago

churupan
Style_council
churupan

^ Palty is a fantastic brand, especially the bleach. My natural hair colour is a black brown, and after I used one application of bleach, it turned my head completely… blonde. :O Not the disgusting orange-ey colour. It also has a lot of variety in shades of brown.

Prettia is also a good brand, and it’s not drippy and liquid-ey like most other dyes. The application process is mess-free as well. It lathers up like shampoo.

posted about 9 years ago

churupan
Style_council
churupan

^ And my hair always feels like it’s in better condition after using the Tsubaki Oil serum packet that comes with Palty. XD

posted about 9 years ago

solybBy
Style_council
solybBy

when it comes to drugstore brands i use feria, they have dyes especially for dark hair, & it comes out amaizing. But i dyed my hair black (my natural haircolor) awhile ago, its been a while since i dyed it again, because my hair was getting fried…..& now its pretty healthy and am planning on going to a PROFESSIONAL to dye it again!. I recommend you do too, especially if your hair is long and thick like mines.

posted about 9 years ago

hadelicious
Style_council
hadelicious

When I used to dye my hair I either used Revlon or L’oreal. But I always got better results with L’oreal Feria!

posted about 9 years ago

littlefashiondiary
Style_council
littlefashio...

My hair is a dark, DARK black color and I dye it a chestnutty brown – I use Loreal. I really like this brand because it’s easy and it comes with the little shampoo to help the color stay. Going professional is too expensive for me – and it’s not that necessary if you don’t plan on getting high lights.

posted about 9 years ago

crystalmwks
Style_council
crystalmwks

My colorist uses INOA by L’Oréal Professionnel – http://www.inoa-us.com and it’s ammonia-free so it’s really easy on your hair. Plus they have like 50 shades including some really awesome blues and violets.

I just went blonde and I’m really happy with it!

posted almost 9 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

I’d say if you gonna go with a store brand, semi-permanent is better.
Honestly, using all those permanent colours just ends up ruining your hair.

For me the semi-permanents seem to last about as long, but in the meantime doesn’t leave that horrid root growth when it grows out.

Don’t know much about the brands, i tend to go for L’Oreal. No paerticular reason though, guess the marketing got me there lol

posted almost 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password