SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

What do you guys eat when to make yourself feel better when you don’t want all those calories? I’m really trying to lose weight and get back to the way I was before I gained the freshman 15 at uni. Is there anything special you guys eat or do everyday in your routine that helps you stay the right size? I’m hopelessly yearning for the waify figure I actually had back in high school and want it back! the curves are KILLING me!

posted over 9 years ago
Sarabear
Style_council
Sarabear

cheerios, not honey nut, 2 cups of cheez-its, or apple sauce, 1 cup is 70 cal…i think

posted over 9 years ago

dorotron
Style_council
dorotron

Oatmeal is always a good option (not too tasty) and DONT skip breakfast.

When you get tired of that fruits (like blueberries) are great to snack on too.

Good luck! :)

posted over 9 years ago

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

I eat oatmeal and fruit every morning. hehe. and for lunch I usually have a veggie burger on a whole wheat bun, and for dinner something like baked chicken. I snack on low-calorie yogurt. But is there anything you can eat with lower calories that isn’t sweet? sometimes i get such a sugar rush from all the yogurt and fruit! hehe

posted over 9 years ago

marisa03
Style_council
marisa03

Sounds like u got the right idea Reybeltane :) for me, my fav healthy snack is veggies and lowfat ranch dip or hummus. Just make sensible choices and limit dairy, meat and white flour products. Load up on legumes they’re high in protein and fibre and low in Cals. Also mushroom dishes make a yummy “meaty” main for meals.

posted over 9 years ago

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

hummus! omg. I’ve been missing out. hehe thanks for that one :-)

posted over 9 years ago

LittleWing
Style_council
LittleWing

instead of eating yogurts eat celery and carrot sticks

posted over 9 years ago

sparrowandurchin
Style_council
sparrowandur...

Plain Yogurt with maybe some granola, applesauce, I just ate a pound of bing cherries… the other day a pint of blueberries. Oh and of course the best is sitting outside eating a ripe peach or watermelon…. yum.

hummus can be high in calories sometimes.

I’ve been very into learning what to eat the anthropological way. I don’t eat meat everyday, usually 2-3 times a week. I eat prunes instead of bananas. I eat a lot of soup, right now it’s all about cabbage soup. I try to think about how people would eat centuries ago. Mainly foods straight from the ground or easy to make, fruits veggie soup. Then very little of the food that would’ve been harder to find/make, meat, pasta, and bread. If you think about it that way it keeps you from eating all the processed food that have too many ingredients.

My boyfriend and I joke that we try to eat like the dark ages.

posted over 9 years ago

myelzi
Style_council
myelzi

Try 0% fat greek yogurt instead of regular yogurt and make sure you actually eat raw veggies and fruit. Be sure to get fiber into your diet and DO NOT try a liquid diet. It’s one of the worst things you can do to your body. Your body needs carbs and protein too. If you’re going for the meat-free diet, then look at Morningstar Farm’s “chicken” patties. They’re meat-free and delicious!

posted over 9 years ago

ladidadi
Style_council
ladidadi

I drink tons of water, eat greek yogurt with honey, have whole grains when I need to, spinach, celery, cucumbers, carrots

posted over 9 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

nuts, carrots, vegetables, vegetables, vegetables!
eat so much fruit and veggies you can’t handle it anymore because your body flushes it right out and makes me feel more energetic
eat some meat and protein – you need to nourish yourself
drink a LOT of tea. no sugar!

posted over 9 years ago

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

Go to a nutritionist (sp?) they give you a list with all the things you should eat and recipes if you want a healthy diet ;)

posted over 9 years ago

JPB
Style_council
JPB

strawberries and blueberries

posted over 9 years ago

perfectpeacetrance
Style_council
perfectpeace...

Snacking on raw almonds and fruit with nonfat cottage cheese always makes me full. Homemade protein shakes with whey protein powder, nonfat milk, ice, and half a banana make a great snack for in between meals. My new favorite healthy habit is eating carrots, celery, and apples with sunflower seed butter (fewer calories than any nut butter)!

posted over 9 years ago

SomethingWithChic
Style_council
SomethingWit...

fruits have a lot of sugar and too much of it will not result in weight loss.

my advice is to eat a boiled egg (without the yolk) and a banana for breakfast every morning. take in more lean protein and do strength training with 5-7 lbs weights. really tones you up.

posted over 9 years ago

urbanpocahontas
Style_council
urbanpocahontas

CABBAGE.

posted over 9 years ago

MIchelleMcDaniel
Style_council
MIchelleMcDa...

Carrots. Hummus. Almonds. Spinach.
All some of my favorites

posted over 7 years ago

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

LOTS of fruit (especially grapefruit which is my fav.) Also if I am trying to eat healthy I will try to snack on almonds or cashews instead of less healthy options.

posted over 7 years ago

CDN20something
Style_council
CDN20something

Wow! I am a Dietician and I’m so proud of you guys! Fruit, veggies, nuts, yoghurt, granola, oatmeal! These are all great foods to eat instead of junk! They fill you up and provide many other benefits too!
Kudos to the ones you said greek yoghurt! Low-fat or no-fat yoghurt is packed with sugar, you’ll stay fuller for longer with a higher fat content (and you won’t need to eat as much of it!)

Breakfast is key, it revs up your metabolism for the day. Contrary to myth, snacking before bed isn’t bad! It just depends. If it’s putting you over your calorie needs for the day, that’s not so great. I like to have some cottage cheese and apple slices before bed. Helps my muscles heal from that day’s workout.

Keep it up! :)

posted over 7 years ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

Boil up a giant pot of fat-free veggie/cabbage soup and have a bowl before every meal (i guess except breakfast….that just sounds gross). It has minimal calories and tons of fiber so you’re gonna end up taking in less fat, carbs, and calories overall. Just don’t go on the cabbage soup diet cuz its a fad that will make you fatter in the long run.

posted over 7 years ago

rosellameetsworld
Style_council
rosellameets...

I went on a 7-day detox diet lately and it gave me the best and most dramatic results out of all the diet regimens I have tried, so far. I lost a total of 5 kilograms in a week with the detox diet! But the regime is very intense and it is not recommended if your schedule is a bit hectic and you are always on the go.

On the other hand, it is best to eat plenty of green leafy vegetables and ots of fresh fruits (except for banana since it is very starchy). Have a glass of freshly squeezed grapejuice in the morning and in the evening. Taking green tea at least 2 or 3 times a day helps your digestion, too. And I recommend taking a bag of herbal laxative tea once in the morning and in the evening but stay hydrated with water, and lots of it.

I also substituted honey and sugar with maple syrup (grade B) and molasses. I only consume fish, chicken, egg and tofu for my protein needs. And I make sure that my plate consists of 10% meat, 60% vegetables and 30% sliced raw fruits, and 2 pieces of wheat bread (or one baked potato). Make it a rule to yourself not to have seconds. Drink at least 2 glasses of water before eating and then a glass after.

I have stayed very far away from junk food but I try to indulge on my favorite treats at least once a week. I am still working on eliminating coffee from my daily liquids (8 cups a day reduced to 2 cups is acceptable, no?)

Excluding the detox diet I had, I lost over 15 kilograms in a span of 4 months after deciding to stick with these diet modifications.

Stay motivated and keep yourself disciplined. I am still a few kgs away from my target weight but I am proud of how much weight I have lost and how healthy, strong and refreshed I feel at the moment.

Good luck and update us with your progress!

posted over 7 years ago

moony2shoes
New_user moony2shoes is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When moony2shoes reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
moony2shoes

try going to an asian market or whole foods to look for shirataki noodles. They’re zero calories! seriously!! Its a great substitute for ramen, just throw in a flavor packet and it tastes just like ramen. So good and best of all, Zero calorie snack/meal

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password