Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
purplewang
Style_council
purplewang

In recent interview for OUT magazine, she says she was Audrey Hepburn in a past life because “she was a trendsetter”.

I love Britney Spears (I love a girl who’s gone through a breakdown), but Audrey Hepburn?

Thoughts?

posted over 8 years ago
boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

ehhhh I don’t see it, britney doesn’t really make fashion news. Not saying she doesn’t dress well but she isn’t extrodinary

posted over 8 years ago

glitterpeacock
Style_council
glitterpeacock

Remember when Britney shaved her hair off and everyone started doing it? Me neither.
Audrey was a truly inspirational woman, a role model.
I’d like to be like Audrey Hepburn… I would never say I was her.

It’ll sure get Brit Brit a lot of press though.

posted over 8 years ago

irisanddaniel
Style_icon
irisanddaniel

I love Britney. I don’t really get her answer but I think when she chose she probably went off of an aspirational goal or ideal. I mean, who wouldn’t want to be Audrey in a past life, right?

Even though in recent times we don’t really see Britney as a trendsetting fashion icon, in her prime she definitely was a leader in making news, pop culture, and leading people toward her likes/dislikes/etc. Even though not in the most pure sense of Audrey, if only in trendsetting she seems to have been a trendsetter in at least a part of her career (even if fashion lovers don’t see her as truly fashionable, setting trends doesn’t really need to have anything to do with fashion).

posted over 8 years ago

gstyle
Style_council
gstyle

Hilarious topic! Audrey Hepburn was a legend…britney, who’s that anyway? In today’s reality TV generation, icons are mass manufactured in days…forgotten in hours!

posted over 8 years ago

ohlivia
Style_council
ohlivia

Audrey Hepburn is, like, my idol. And, okay, Britney has set a few trends, but she’s nowhere near Audrey’s class and sophistication! Remember, o Britney Spears, that in Breakfast At Tiffany’s Audrey’s most famous dress actually covered up her body… http://www.obit-mag.com/media/image/AHepburnIMDBB.jpg

posted over 8 years ago

fernandafgm
Style_council
fernandafgm

Completely different styles and people!

posted over 8 years ago

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

Wow. She’s way off base.

posted over 8 years ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

no,I dont think so, another re-encarnation would be necessary

posted over 8 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

yikes. she is the pop princess of our generation but not classy like audrey

posted over 8 years ago

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

Nope, not even close. She doesnt has bad fashion taste but shes not as good as Audrey. When u say the word elegant or classy, Audrey came to my mind, not Britney.

posted over 8 years ago

purplewang
Style_council
purplewang

Very good point Iris and Daniel :)

posted over 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password