Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

I’d never really understood all the hype about Marilyn Monroe but after watching her in the film Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, I definitely understand. Soo.. anyone watched other Marilyn movies before and have any recommendations?

I’ve also started an interest in classic movies. I have never seen Breakfast at Tiffanys so that’s on the top of my list.

posted almost 9 years ago
coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Can you believe it, I don’t think i’ve ever watched any movies with Marilyn Monroe in them, and I’ve never watched Breakfast at Tiffany’s either! (although I have read the book.) I really should get on it! I’ve never seen any, but I guess The Seven Year Itch and Some Like it Hot are other Marilyn classics!

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

My favorite Marilyn movie is The Misfits. It was the last movie she completed and she is amazing in it. Clark Gable is also in it. As for other classic movies…you can’t go wrong with Audrey Hepburn, Katharine Hepburn or Cary Grant. You should also watch It Happened One Night.

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

oooh thanks for the suggestions both of you.

posted over 8 years ago

HerPhantasmagoria
Style_council
HerPhantasma...

I’ve never watched Marilyn’s movie all the way through. Ashamed. :/

But I do love me some classics. My favorites are East of Eden, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, A Streetcar Named Desire, and the 1948 Vivien Leigh version of Anna Karenina. I also liked Roman Holiday (with Audrey Hepburn). And I’ve heard really superb things about Giant.

posted over 8 years ago

AngeDeModele
Style_council
AngeDeModele

@Coldlight I’m exactly the same! Love Marilyn and Audrey’s styles but have never gotten around to watching their movies, oh dear.

posted over 8 years ago

alatheishtape
Style_council
alatheishtape

@HerPhantasmagoria I absolutely adore East of Eden, A Streetcar Named Desire and Giant.
Other superb classic movies are Bringing Up Baby with Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant and An Affair to Remember! Cary Grant is just so delicious. How amazing would it be if men starting wearing three piece suits with fedoras again?

posted over 8 years ago

BussenaT
Style_council
BussenaT

an icon, a legend, a true beautiful, smart , fox -minded woman, adore her style, her open-mindness, her graceness… im so obsessed with her and she’s like the figure of 50’s

posted over 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password