Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
blueflowers
Style_council
blueflowers

I’m home for winter break from college and I have been interested in reading more books. I personally love psychology books such as Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell, but enjoy a large range of books. I mostly like books that deal with human nature and challenge me to think. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

xx Syd

posted almost 8 years ago
janicegunawan
Style_council
janicegunawan

the hunger games, Jodi Picoult’s books :)

kelseykelsey
Style_council
kelseykelsey

You NEED to read:
The Book Thief – Markus Zusak
The Hunger Games – Suzanne Collins
Very, very engrossing books!

helenalouise
New_user helenalouise is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When helenalouise reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
helenalouise

Yes, yes, yes! The Hunger Games Trilogy! I agree!

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

I just finished “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks” which was actually very good. And I agree with “The Hunger Games” trilogy! “One Thousand Splendid Suns” was also amazing!

blueflowers
Style_council
blueflowers

thanks everybody for the suggestions! i will definitely let you know if i get around to reading any of them.

SarawrSmiles
Style_council
SarawrSmiles

I was totally gonna say the Hunger Games but looks like I got beaten to it xP but you should totally check out the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! Its super suspenseful and just amazing!

contemporarity
Style_council
contemporarity

I don’t know much about psychology books, but have you read Middlesex by Jeffrey Euginides?
And I always recommend the writer David Sedaris to everyone because he is HILARIOUS HILARIOUS.

KelseyKennedy
Style_council
KelseyKennedy

If you like books that make you think about people, and how the world works, I would suggest A Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. It has got to be one of my favorite books!

If you do happen to read it I’d appreciate a message letting me know what you think!

kels

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. On the Road, by Jack Kerouac, or Walden by Henry David Thoreau!

laurabee
Style_council
laurabee

The Alchemist is a phenomenal book. I cannot recommend it enough. I also love Life of Pi. Both very rich books and both have caused me to think about the themes long after I finished reading them.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password